Margot Robbie Jim Carrey

“You’re really something, Margot Robbie, ” he said. “It’s incredible you got as far as you have with your obvious physical disadvantages. That’s pure talent there.”

“Direct object insult, ” one person tweeted, with another adding: ”Did Jim Carrey just tell Margot Robbie she’s got where she is because of her looks? Can’t stand the man tbh.”

Jim

Viola Davis was nominated for an Oscar for The Help. Yet, the actor deeply regretted playing the maid Aibileen Clark, saying her character’s voice is not heard enough in the final film. Have I ever done roles that I've regretted? I have, and The Help is on that list, she told The New York Times. I want to know what it feels like to work for white people and to bring up children in 1963, I want to hear how you really feel about it. I never heard that in the course of the movie.”

Jim Carrey Jokes About Margot Robbie's Looks And Success

The Transformers franchise may have grossed billions of dollars at the box-office, but critics have never looked kindly upon the films. Neither has Megan Fox, who told Entertainment Weekly that “people are well aware that this is not a movie about acting”. She also previously took aim at director Michael Bay, saying: “He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is, so he's a nightmare to work for.” Fox later retracted the comment, calling it “righteous anger” that should have not been made public.

Knocked Up remains one of Katherine Heigl’s best-known roles, despite the actor having said she found the whole thing “a little sexist. It paints the women as shrews, as humourless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys, ” she told Vanity Fair. It exaggerated the characters, and I had a hard time with it, on some days.

Few people knew who Idris Elba was before The Wire. Despite the acclaim that came from playing Stringer Bell on the hugely popular crime show, Elba has some regrets. We're all idolising Stringer Bell, but who are we really idolising? he asked David Lammy while appearing on James O’Brien’s podcast. Are we idolising a smart drug dealer or a dumb narcotics dealer? What are we saying here? Is it OK to pump a community full of heroin but because you're smart at it, that makes you cool? That was a problem for me.

Jim Carrey Gives A Back Handed Compliment To Margot Robbie

There are famously seven cuts of Blade Runner. One of those features Harrison Ford’s character, Rick Deckard, narrating scenes. Another – the one director Ridley Scott approves of – is bleaker and does not have Deckard explaining events. Ford does not care for either version. I didn't like the movie one way or the other, with or without, ” he said in 2017, before the release of Blade Runner 2049. “I played a detective who did not have any detecting to do. In terms of how I related to the material, I found it very difficult. There was stuff that was going on that was really nuts.

For a time, many people were not sure whether Daniel Craig would return as James Bond for the 25th film in the series. I'd rather break this glass and slash my wrists, ” he told Time Out of returning to the role. “No, not at the moment. Not at all. That's fine. I'm over it at the moment. We're done. All I want to do is move on. Apparently a big enough pay cheque got him back in the tuxedo.

I'll be honest, I f**king hate that movie, ” Channing Tatum said of GI Joe. “I was pushed into doing it. The script wasn’t any good. And I didn’t want to do something that I – that I was a fan of since I was a kid and watched every morning growing up – and didn't want to do something that was, one, bad. And two, I just didn’t know if I wanted to be GI Joe.

Why Jim Carrey Is Taking A Break From Hollywood After 'sonic 2' (exclusive)

Most actors who regret taking on roles would wait a few years until publicly bemoaning their experience on set. Not Robert Pattinson. Before the final Twilight film was in cinemas, the actor said of playing the vampire heartthrob Edward Cullen: It’s weird kind of representing something you don't particularly like. A few weeks later, he added how he would have “mindlessly hated the series had he not appeared in it.

An

While superhero movies may now be Oscar Best Picture contenders (Black Panther), there was a time when playing a spandex-wearing vigilante was anything but prestigious. Jessica Alba was one of the first people to jump on the superhero boom of the mid-Noughties, playing Invisible Woman in Fantastic Four. The experience, though, left her wanting to quit acting altogether. I hated it. I really hated, she told Elle. I remember when I was dying in Silver Surfer. The director was like, 'It looks too real. It looks too painful. Can you be prettier when you cry? Cry pretty, Jessica'.

Ryan Reynolds has never watched Green Lantern all the way through. That has not stopped the actor being highly critical of the superhero role, going as far as having Deadpool – who he later played – shoot a fictional version of himself in the head for taking on the role. Ouch.

Gäster: Margot Robbie, Jim Carrey, Daniel Kaluuya, Jodie Turner Smith Och Lewis Capaldi

Kate Winslet does not mind Titanic as a film. Her performance as Rose is a completely different matter. Every single scene, I'm like 'really, really? You did it like that? Oh my God’. Even my American accent, I can't listen to it. It's awful, she told the Telegraph. Hopefully it's so much better now. It sounds terribly self-indulgent but actors do tend to be very self-critical. I have a hard time watching any of my performances, but watching Titanic I was just like, 'Oh God, I want to do that again.'

“I hated that film with a vengeance and could not believe how bad it was, ” Michelle Pfeiffer said of the sequel to Grease. At the time I was young and didn't know any better. Thankfully, Pfeiffer's nose for a good script improved rapidly, with her next film being Brian De Palma's cult classic Scarface.

Jim

Halle Berry remains one of the few actors to accept her Golden Raspberry award in person. Thank you so much. I never in my life thought I would be up here, ” she told the audience, before spoofing her own Oscar acceptance speech and thanking her manager. He loves me so much that he convinces me to do projects even when he knows that it is shit. Meeeeeow.

Jim Carrey Is Blasted For Joke Implying Margot Robbie's Successful Career Is Thanks To Her Looks

The Sound of Music remains one of the most beloved films of all time. Christopher Plummer, though, hated playing Captain von Trapp. “I think the part in The Sound of Music was the toughest, ” he told The Hollywood Reporter. “Because it was so awful and sentimental and gooey. You had to work terribly hard to try and infuse some miniscule bit of humour into it.”

Another big-name actor who regrets taking on a mid-Noughties superhero role. Ben Affleck has remained an ardent Daredveil detractor. Daredevil didn't work at all, the actor told Entertainment Weekly in 2007. “If I wanted to go viral, I would be less polite. That was before people realised you could make these movies and make them well. There was a cynical sense of ‘put a red leather outfit on a guy, have him run around, hunt some bad guys, and cash the cheque’.”

One of Hollywood’s many iconic actors, Sylvester Stallone will always be remembered for both the Rocky and Rambo films. Less so Stop, or Mom Will Shoot, the 1992 buddy-cop comedy that teamed Stallone up with Estelle Getty. Speaking about the film in 2006, he called it “maybe one of the worst films in the entire solar system, including alien productions we’ve never seen.”

-

Margot Robbie: The Rise Of One Of The Most Powerful Women In Hollywood

Although Sarah Jessica Parker will forever be best known for playing Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City, that does not mean she’s not open to criticising the second film. I can see where we fell short, ” she told an audience at Vulture festival. “I understand, I actually get it. I will say, I also understand how much frickin’ money it made. I feel like that is forgotten in the discussion.”

Paul Newman had high standards. So much so that, before the release of The Silver Chalice, the Oscar-winning actor took out adverts in the trade press urging people to not watch the television broadcast of the film. He later called it “the worst motion picture produced during the 1950s.

Few actors are quite as straight talking as Colin Farrell, who said of the 2006 blockbuster Miami Vice: Miami Vice? I didn't like it so much. I thought it was style over substance and I accept a good bit of the responsibility.”

Jim Carrey Critised Over 'creepy' Joke To Margot Robbie

There are many films Brad Pitt could arguably regret making (the awful 1992 flick Cool World comes to mind), but speaking to Newsweek in 1997, the actor decided to criticise The Devil’s Own. He called the film a disaster and the most irresponsible bit of filmmaking, if you can even call it that,

Jim